Backend Engineer 80-100% (f/m/d)
Homegate is the leading digital real estate classifieds platform in Switzerland. We help people to make their best real estate decision and bring commercial real estate agencies, owners, and potential tenants and buyers together. We count more than 10 million visits from people who use our portal and have more than 190 million page views per month.
We are looking for you as a teammate. You’ll help Homegate to grow the business and our engineering teams to shift our platform to the next level while driving innovations.
Homegate has a cutting-edge technical stack, building its services in an event-driven architecture in the AWS Cloud using the serverless model in the back-end and a modern VueJS front-end. We adhere to Agile Software Development methodologies.
As a Backend Software Engineer, you will help us build the greatest real estate platform in Switzerland. You will be part of a cross-functional, agile team with an open mindset and team members who enjoy learning new skills and sharing theirs.
- You will work on building the Homegate platform using an event-driven microservice architecture on AWS (Amazon Web Services)
- You will design, implement, test, and deliver new features
- You challenge the status quo and continuously improve the architecture, code, and tools to ensure the delivery of high-quality software
- You own your solution and will be responsible for development to delivery to operations in a DevOps environment
- Experience designing and implementing RESTful and event-driven backend services
- Experience with automated testing
- Experience with agile methodologies and pronounced agile mindset
- Practice in clean code, pair programming, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- Experience with frontend frameworks like Vue.js or React is a plus
- Familiarity with AWS services like Lambda, DynamoDB, SNS, SQS, S3, CloudWatch
- Experience with ElasticSearch is considered a plus
- An academic degree in computer science or equivalent practical experience
- Fluency in English
Our tech stack https://stackshare.io/homegate...
- Competitive salaries
- Flexible working hours and a culture of trust.
- Remote working with the possibility to work in fantastically equipped offices with your peers when you choose.
- Personal development budget and opportunities. We encourage you to constantly learn and improve yourself as well as spread your knowledge around the team and even the whole company.
- Regular hackathons; explore, collaborate, and ideate on the things you think matter.
- Team-building activities, budget to spend time and build chemistry and trust with your team in a non-work setting or set up off-site working days to kickstart a new challenge in the most optimal way.
- Great office facilities with opportunities for plenty of social interactions, After-Work-Apéros, and regular company-wide events.
- Great, top-of-the-line equipment setup by you, for you. Let us know what you need.
- 25 vacation days, optional vacation purchase days, and sabbatical options to meet your life needs.
- Attractive Homegate pension plan, powered by Swisscanto
We are on the move – and want to keep moving. We are farsighted. We are proactive. We are courageous. We are TX.
For this position, we are looking for someone willing to relocate to or already living in Germany, Switzerland, or France and have a valid work permit.
We do not accept unsolicited applications from third-party agencies.